Certificate III in Children's Services - CHC30708
Certificate III in Children’s Services provides an introduction to understanding, caring for
and supportingthe development of young children. It teaches students how to facilitate
leisure and play time and offersstrategies for helping children to achieve their
Entry Requirements Candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age and be able to
successfully obtain a Police and Working with Children Check.
Students are required to participate in practical placement in a variety
of settings within the Children’s Services field.
Certificate III in Children’s Services consists of 11 core units and four
elective units of competency to be successfully completed.
• CHCCN301A Ensure the health and safety of children
• CHCFC301A Support the development of children
• CHCPR303D Develop an understanding of children’s interests and
• HLTFA301B Apply first aid
• VPAU320 & VBP434 Anaphylaxis
• CHCCS400A Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework
• HLTOHS300A Contribute to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) processes
• CHCIC301D Interact effectively with children
• CHCCN302A Provide care for children
• CHCPR301A Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
• CHCCN303A Contribute to provision of nutritionally balanced food in
a safe and hygienic manner
• CHCCHILD401A Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
• CHCCHILD301A Support behaviour of young children and young people
• CHCCN305A Provide care for babies
• HLTHIR403B Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
• CHCRF301D Work effectively with families to care for the child
Mode of Study
Certificate III in Children’s Services is offered on a flexible basis, including face to
face & distance learning.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Speak with our staff to determine if you are able to gain subject credits or exemptions.
Newforce Training will recognise Australian
Qualifications Framework (AQF) qualifications and statements of attainment from
To find out more about this program and others please visit our office.
For more information please visit us at:
Level 1, 171 Barkly Street
Footscray, VIC 3011
T: (03) 9689 6911
F: (03) 9689 6922